Let’s talk best practices on how to use CBD tinctures. Every drop of your CBD tincture matters, especially when you use it the right way.
Whether you’ve already purchased a CBD tincture product, or are looking to buy one, let’s take a deeper look into how to use CBD tinctures.
How Do I Take My CBD Tincture?
CBD tinctures are designed to be taken sublingually, or under the tongue. This is because there are blood vessels under the tongue where cannabidiol can enter the bloodstream immediately.
Each CBD tincture bottle is going to differ in its volume and concentration of CBD. The whole liquid solution is measured in milliliters (mL) or fluid ounces (oz.), while the CBD content will be labeled as milligrams (mg).
Start with one dropper full (or 5mg CBD) and place the liquid under the tongue. Hold the liquid there for 1-2 minutes and then swallow.
CBD Tinctures are best taken after a meal, or with a high-fat snack, such as a handful of nuts like almonds or peanuts. This can often provide 4-5x the absorption in the body.
If you are a first time user, we recommend taking your CBD tincture before bedtime because it can provide a calming effect. Once you know how your CBD tincture works with your body, feel free to use anytime of the day.
Every drop of CBD matters, especially when you use it the right way.
CBD Tinctures are taken sublingually, or under the tongue.
How do I maximize the effects of my CBD Tincture?
First of all, let’s talk about bioavailability.
Bioavailability is a fancy word that refers to how well your body is able to absorb and then use what you consume. This is a similar to adding herbs or seasonings like rosemary or black pepper on our foods to unlock their full health benefits (as well as make them tastier!).
All foods, vitamins, and supplements hinge on bioavailability. The quality of substance you consume is the greatest factor in bioavailability. This is why buying a premium and verified CBD tincture is extremely important.
The second factor in bioavailability is how you use the specific products or foods. Let’s take a look at how to use CBD tinctures to maximize effectiveness.
What time of day should I take my CBD tincture?
If you are new to using CBD tinctures, we recommend taking it at night to begin. CBD can provide quite the calm, and we want to make sure you are in the right place to be relaxed and potentially a little sleepy the first time you take CBD.
New to CBD? Wind down at night with your CBD Tincture.
5 Hacks For Your CBD Tincture Consumption
- Morning Coffee: Add your normal dose of CBD oil tincture to your morning coffee or tea. Make sure to add a little creamer to help you absorb.
- Smoothie Time: Next time you blend up your favorite berries, peanut butter, and greens together, add your CBD tincture dose as well.
- Mid Afternoon Snack: Try adding your daily dosage of CBD oil tincture into an individual serving of guacamole or hummus. Simply drop, mix, and enjoy!
- Breakfast Yogurt: Before you take a bite of your morning greek yogurt, add the daily pinch of CBD oil in and stir!
- Night Time Tea: Wind down after a long day with a cup of tea. Add your dropper of CBD oil tincture in and ease into a great night’s rest.