There are over 110 cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant, the two most popular being THC and CBD. But even the seemingly minor cannabinoids have equally as important health benefits we should discuss. One of those cannabinoids is CBN. So, what is CBN Oil?
CBN can be used as an effective sleep aid or sedative, as well as help boost and regulate the immune system. In the following article, we'll talk about CBN oil, the benefits of CBN oil and how CBN oil can help with sleep.
What is CBN Oil? And Where Does It Come From?
What is CBN Oil? CBN is a non-intoxicating cannabinoid like CBD, but it has different properties than CBD. CBN is commonly known as the cannabinoid that is created as a by-product of THC degradation. Lab tests have shown higher amounts of CBN in cannabis flower that is old or degraded.
In addition to being a by-product of THC degradation, CBN is also found in low levels in the fresh flower of some cannabis strains. While we still have very much to learn about how CBN is created in the cannabis plant, and what its effects are we can tell you what we do know.
What is CBN Oil Good For?
CBN derives from the oxidation and decomposition of THC from a hemp plant and is gaining traction for some of its potential health benefits. These include:
- CBN As An Antibacterial There have been a few studies that show some promising research that CBN and other cannabinoids may act as antibacterial agents. There is still more research to be done, but this is very interesting!
- CBN As A Neuroprotectant There has been a lot of research regarding the nueroprotectant properties of cannabinoids. One such study found that CBN may help support delaying the onset of some neurodegenerative conditions.
- CBN For Appetite Stimulation THC and some Cannabis Strains are known very well for their appetite stimulating effects. However, not everyone who wants to get high, so CBN may prove a great option for those wanting to use Cannabis to stimulate their appetite without getting high.
- CBN For Glaucoma Support THC has been shown to help reduce intra-ocular pressure, which is the biggest risk factor for glaucoma. Some research has also shown the CBN may have similar characteristics as THC in this regard. More research needs to be done still, and there is no evidence that CBN or THC is superior to traditional glaucoma medicines.
- CBN For Inflammation Support CBN may have some anti-inflammatory properties similar to other cannabinoids. A study on rats showed that CBD may have some ability to provide inflammation support in subjects with arthritis.
What are the Effects of CBN Oil?
Some people have called CBN the Ambien of cannabinoids because of its alleged sedating sleep properties. However, despite this reputation, there is little evidence that CBN contains these properties. So, how did CBN get this reputation?
First, it seems that CBN gained this reputation because people noticed that older weed and aged cannabis made them sleepy. It was assumed that this is because of CBN alone. However, pure CBN alone is not particularly sedating.
The drowsiness or sleep properties that people experience with older cannabis strains may have more to do with the combination of CBN and THC as well as terpenes that promote relaxation and sleep support. This synergistic effect that comes from the combination of cannabinoids and terpenes is what we call the entourage effect.
This is why different strains produce different effects. The common conception that cannabis effects can be attributed to being an indica or sativa strain has become outdated. The focus now seems to be on how the combination of different terpenes and cannabinoids produces different effects.
Learn More About CBN Oil Today!
CBN is a minor cannabinoid found in trace amounts in the cannabis plant. To learn more about CBN and other cannabinoids please give us a call at (502) 209-8808 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call – 502-209-8808
- Email – email@example.com
- Message us on social media – @anaviimarket