This recipe makes 1 loaf of banana bread and uses Anavii Hemp Heart Protein Powder for an extra health boost. You may be wondering "how can I add protein powder to banana bread?" and we did too! We did all the calculations and our lovely team member Lucy got to baking to develop this delicious and healthy protein powder banana bread recipe.
- 1 C and about 3 Tbsp of all purpose flour
- 1/3 C Anavii Hemp Protein
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon (or to taste)
- 3 bananas (speckled to black)
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 C packed, light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C walnuts or pecans, chopped
- Prepare a center rack in your oven and preheat to 350F.
- Coat your loaf pan with nonstick spray or butter and flour. Place it on an insulated baking sheet.
- Whisk flour, hemp protein, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- Mash bananas into a a chunky paste. Then mix in the melted butter, brown sugar, lightly beaten eggs, and vanilla until blended.
- Add dry ingredients in 3 parts until batter is smooth. Fold in the chopped nuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with the back of a spoon or clean, wet fingers.
- Bake for 55 to 75 minutes or until a knife stuck in the middle of the loaf comes out clean
- Cool on a rack for at least 5 minutes before removing from the loaf pan. Do not remove the banana bread from the loaf pan until it is completely cooled.
- Enjoy on its own or add your favorite toppings (such as butter or cream cheese)